Every now and then i am frustrated by one or the other event. Sometimes the govt. frustrates me, some times my own gadgets and at other times, any and everyone in my vicinity. Here’s my top 5 wish list for the future to reduce those frustrations -
- A smartphone with a battery which can run for 3-4 days without needed a recharge. That too with wifi/edge and gps on at all times.
- A laptop with build quality like macbook pro but which does not get hot for a long period of time (say 2-3 hours). Infinitely cool laptops are most welcome.
- Contraptions which attach to my smartphone and let me conduct basic medical tests. I am tired of being looted in the day by the doctor-tester mafia. 99% of my visits to doctors are useless. If at all, they result in me taking antibiotics which were not all required in the first place.
- A system in place which lets me make complaints against my area MLA and promises an answer within a week. Make it a full fledged system with auditors and easy interfaces for the people to lodge a complain. Something like the courier tracking service.
- Better medicine for depression patients. My mom has been suffering from depression for quite some time and none of the medicines seem to work. Googling about it i have come to realise that anti-depressants work on less than 50% of the affected people, which itself is a depressing fact. Seems it has to do something with the greed of the pharmaceutical companies.
I hope that i can contribute to at least one of the above wishes. If anyone reading this post has any pointers to achieving any one of the above, do let me know. I would be more than happy to contribute time, money and sweat to bring it to fruition.
P.S. - A couple of days have passed and i realize that 5 wishes are not enough for me. Always hungry for more (read - frustrated by more). So here is an extended wish list -
- A good app/website to learn indian languages. I came to Bangalore one year back and have googled and googled about something decent to help me learn Kannada. Found a few resources but all of them are very basic. Someone up to the challenge?